Friday 4 February 2011

My Self-Inflicted Crunchy Mama Challenge

As much as I shake my head at many of the tenets of crunchiness, I decided to issue myself a challenge: take one entire day and be as crunchy as possible.  With both Vs.  By myself.

The only way this will work is if Husband isn't home.

I've been googling the main aspects of how to be crunchy - attachment parenting, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, baby wearing, and an interesting concept called elimination communication.  In anticipation of this event, I shall go to the commissary and buy some more paper towels and some organic stuff.  And puree it.  As I can't homebirth or start breastfeeding the Vs or un-vaccinate them or un-circumcise them, I'll just have to start with the natural foods, baby wearing, no diapers, and no t.v.  Since Husband has CQ, I'll co-sleep tonight...AND I don't have to shave my legs!!!!

Stay tuned.  Husband thinks this is going to be messy.

6 comments:

SuziG said...

I totally agree with your Hubs on this one. Lol! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts during this time... and trying not to laugh... too much. :P

Christopher said...

Neve quite heard the term "crunchy", but good luck. Stacey went through an organic kick too. Lasted about 3 weeks.

Kimberly said...

I used to call it "being granola", which is kinda crunchy, but refers to be a hippie mother, Birkenstocks and all. Going to the food co-op to buy macrobiotic food, organic flour, raw honey, farm eggs and whole wheat tree bark bread. Nothing processed. Legs need not be shaven, deodorant is via salt rock and toothpaste is fennel from Tom's of Maine. It was a whole movement in the 70s in southern Indiana, mostly IU grad students and the like. Oh, did I mention the dandelion wine??? Crikey! How do I know about crunchy and freakin granola? I am a product of that hippie goodness. ::shudder:: Groove on, Aleah, groove on!

SuziG said...

Salt rock deodorant sounds painful. I'm probably stupid on that and thinking the wrong way. Lol.

How far are you going with this Aleah? I'm planning to do something similar as far as cutting out processed foods... I have NO idea how far I'm going to get. But I'm NOT brave enough to do what you're attempting with cloth diapers and the like. No. Flipping. Way. I'd freak out. Seriously, good luck. ;)

Anonymous said...

The salt-rock deodorant is actually really good. They are rounded, not sharp and it works, for like 24 hours or so. One $5 block will last you a year or so also. Good stuff.

Ashlee said...

Hmmmm, I wonder how this is going to turn out. HEHEHEHE

The co-sleeping thing isn't terrible, I do that with Kaylin every morning. Partly because I believe 6:30 am is just too damn early when I know she'll go back to sleep till 8 and partly because hubby won't cuddle with me and she will.