Friday 28 January 2011

No Clothes

This morning, Big V comes up to me and says, "Hey Chief.  How come we don't ever put our clothes on?"

Now stop right there.  We are not a crazy nature-nudie family who shucks down to our birthday suits as soon as we come in the door and play Naked Monopoly on family night.  Contrary to what one gentleman I was arguing debating with said regarding nudity and "learned shame," we do not clothe ourselves because we have overdeveloped senses of guilt and shame stemming from a cultural bias toward clothing - we clothe ourselves because I already have one overgrown toddler husband who likes to grab a boob in passing; I do not need a four-year old and an infant doing the same.

What he was referring to was our habit of the Vs remaining in their underwear and me in my pjs all day, since we spend 99.9999999999999999% of our time at home, and facebook could care less that I like to rock scrub pants and tank tops all year round.

ANYWAY, so after I told him to not tell people in public that we don't have our clothes on most of the time, I pulled pants and shirt out of the clean laundry pile on the sofa and tossed it to him.  The pants reached his ankles.  Shit.


I then went through all of Vincent's onesies; each would perfectly fit a 6-to-9-month old, which he is not.

Shit again.


The moral?  If your kids wear clothes every day, you can tell when they no longer fit.  Husband's going to love our Visa bill next month.

4 comments:

SuziG said...

"- we clothe ourselves because I already have one overgrown toddler husband..."
I have one of these... I wonder if it is the Military in them? Lol!

"What he was referring to was our habit of the Vs remaining in their underwear and me in my pjs all day, since we spend 99.9999999999999999% of our time at home, and facebook could care less that I like to rock scrub pants and tank tops all year round."
Bahahahaha! The only difference between you and I is that I rock sweat pants and tank tops and Mina rocks her sleepers. Ya know, since it's so damn cold in these freakin' houses!

Unknown said...

i hear yah, as soon as i am in from work, work clothes off, PJ's on, i even exercise in my pj's at home ha ha. I seem to have work clothes and PJ's and not much in between, same for the kids, school unifom and PJ's

Unknown said...

I bet "overgrown toddler" loves seeing you in that *uniform* :-)

Aleah said...

BA-HAHAHAHA...yes, we do enjoy a bit of dress-up now and again ;-)