Thursday 12 January 2012

100 Days of Photos (hopefully)

Okay. I've seen this on several friend's blogs; most recently my friend Mandy and my friend Ashlee. So now, I blog. For 100 straight days. Hopefully.

So, Day 1: A picture of yourself with 15 facts -


1. The photo above is photoshopped. I love picnik.com; I truly do. It makes me pretty, even when I'm not :).
2. I am an RN, and I love it. Even when it's crappy, even when I'm tired, I love my profession, and I love encouraging my friends who are thinking of going to nursing school to do so. It's difficult, it's tiring, and it takes a big commitment, but it is absolutely worth it.
3. I was a vocal music major, before I switched to art (AKA my "professional bartending" degree). I had plans to be the next Broadway star and play Christine in Phantom of the Opera...however my Christine wouldn't have wimped out and run off with Raoul; she would have stayed in the depths of the Paris Opera House with Erik and had little musical prodigy Phantom babies.
4. I love the world of microbes. One day I want my own electron microscope, with a lab deep underground and a strange-looking lab assistant.
5. I have Marilyn Manson's "Antichrist Superstar" and Celine Dion & Andrea Bocelli's "The Prayer" in the same playlist on my iPod.
6. I do not like strangers knocking at my door. Ever.
7. I will give my younger son a cookie just to see the excited jig he does once it's in his hand.
8. I am consistently startled, shocked, flattered, and outrageously amused at some of the stuff that comes out of my older son's mouth - which is why he now has his own facebook page, Sh*t My Vlad Says.
9. I knew I could possibly marry my husband when I found out he loved reading as much as I do.
10. I'm not done with school. Sometimes I feel like I'll never be done with school. It's a good thing I like school.
11. I have taken first place in every talent show I've ever entered except for one; in that one I placed second, to a pianist. I've entered 17.
12. I plan to go on a trip with an amazing group, Project Helping Hands; probably sometime after both boys are in school. They provide non-religious  medical care and health education for people in developing nations. I heard Jeff Solheim speak during my first year of nursing school, and ever since I've made a commitment to myself to go on one of these trips.
13. I love sneaking into my boys' rooms and watching them sleep for a little bit. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that.
14. However, I also look forward to the day I can go on a month-long vacation with my husband, child-free. We're thinking cruise. Hopefully while we're both still young enough to drink into the night.
15. I hardly ever fold laundry. It's washed, it's separated into baskets for me, each V, and Husband... and we usually dress out of the baskets.

No comments: